Foot Care Treatment Packages and Billing
Our foot care services are medical procedures performed by medical professionals and therefore not taxable, and claimable on either taxes or extended medical benefits. Please check your insurance if you are covered for laser treatments.
Payment for services is due at the time of service, and any benefits must be sent in by the client
This foot care treatment package, at a cost of $75 for an initial visit and $55a1` for any follow-up visits, includes:
- A professional nursing assessment
- Filing and trimming of nails
- treatment of corns/calluses
- reduction of heel cracks and skin care
- A reflexology based massage to increase circulation
- Advice regarding suitable footwear
Referral to other professionals when required.
Benefits of Foot Massage:
We end every Regular Footcare session by giving our patients a reflexology-based foot massage.
This has a number of benefits for the patient:
- Promotes circulation throughout the body, both by helping encourage blood flow to the feet and by preventing the pooling of blood in the feet that can happen after long periods of walking or standing.
- Improves balance and proprioception which may reduce the risk of falls.
- As Nurse providers of foot care for people with diabetes we understand just how important foot care is. When the condition progresses the level of oxygen going to the feet decreases — this comes with a high risk of severe foot conditions and in the most serious cases, amputation. Maintaining good circulation is therefore vital.
Prices for Foot Care Treatments
We offer a range of treatment packages designed to accommodate the specific medical and personal needs of our clients:
- $75 for an initial visit from a foot care nurse.
- $55 for any follow-up visits from a foot care nurse. These treatments will usually happen every 6-8 weeks.
- $75 - $800 (plus tax) multiple laser treatments available.
Method of Payment
For payment of services, we accept cash, cheque, debit, Visa, and MasterCard. We do not accept American Express.
If you or your spouse qualify for Veterans Affairs, Digits Mobile Medical Footcare will invoice Veterans Affairs Canada directly on your behalf for your treatment.
For more information visit Veterans Affairs Canada.
If you have medical coverage through Blue Cross, Sun Life, or any other private insurance plan Digits Mobile Medical Footcare will provide you with a receipt to submit to your health insurance provider.
Laser treatments are classified as an alternative therapy, and are therefore taxable.
Before treatment, you should consult your health insurance provider or private health services plan to find out if laser treatment is covered.
If you feel the FOX laser treatment will help alleviate health issues you may be able to ask for coverage as an alternative health treatment. Upon payment of your invoice, Digits Mobile Medical Footcare will provide you with a receipt.
Benefits Of The FOX Laser Treatment
- Eliminates fungal nail infections
- Reduces pain
- Eliminates Plantar warts
- LLT(Low Light Therapy) speeds the healing of injured or damaged tissue—often providing relief after the first treatment
- Helps those suffering from Plantar fasciitis
- Reduces the appearance of spider veins