Do I Need a Foot Care Nurse?
When to Contact a Foot Care Nurse
Often feet issues are one of the early warning signs of more serious conditions, not to mention a severe impediment when it comes to living an active healthy lifestyle — that’s why it’s important you seek medical attention at the first sign of a problem.
There are a number of different reasons why someone may decide to call a foot care nurse, such as:
- They’re struggling to manage their own nail care
- They’re recovering from surgery or an accident
- Sight problems are making nail care difficult
- They no longer have the dexterity required to manage their own nails
- If you are recovering from surgery or a fall and need support
- They need fast and reliable treatment for warts, corns, or callouses
- They have conditions such as diabetes, dementia, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease, which require a professional to administer nail care
- They have dementia or other special needs—here at Digits we have extensive experience in helping these clients
If you’re unsure whether or not to seek help, you should book an appointment or call us and ask.
Need a foot care nurse?
Make sure you're getting a qualified professional