How to Prevent Fungus
How To Prevent Toenail Fungus
Fungi traditionally grow in high moisture environments meaning it’s important to keep your toenails short and as clean and dry as possible.
Here are some of our key tips for preventing toenail fungus:
- Dry your feet and toes comprehensively after showering or bathing. If you own a hair dryer, you can use it on a low setting to achieve this
- Always ensure you wear footwear in wet environments such as locker rooms, public showers, and swimming pools
- If possible, wear synthetic socks that help prevent the buildup of moisture
- Change your socks frequently, especially if you’re worried about sweat
- Avoid tightly fitted socks or stockings
- Use antifungal spray regularly
Fungi can be notoriously difficult to remove, with many over the counter treatments proving to have limited or no effect, and prescription medication a cumbersome and risky option.